Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Missions and You

As our missions conference continues this week at Boothbay Baptist Church I've been challenged to consider our role as God's missionaries in this community.  After Eric Brown's visit tonite and Fay Christy's concert on Saturday, I'll be preaching next week on Matthew 9:35-38. This paragraph is "tucked in" to Matthews Gospel between a series of miracles that Jesus did, and his discourse as he sends out the disciples to preach and to heal.  Four verses, but there is so much here!  The attitude of Jesus as he considers the world, the condition of those who don't yet know Him, and the command He gives his disciples in light of the need.  Duane's message on Sunday, and the evaluation we received from the Ministry Mapping team have me asking myself, am I moved with compassion in view of the need in our community?  Do I see my neighbors as Jesus sees them?  Am I willing to be available, even if it means sacrificing, to reach out to them with the love of Christ?  Are you?  May we prepare our hearts together to hear from Him as our missions conference continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment