Monday, March 4, 2013

Ministry Mapping - A Shepherd's initial reactions

Someone said as they were leaving church yesterday afternoon, "That was a bit like trying to take a sip of water out of a fire hose!"  We were certainly given a lot to consider, think about, and pray over.  One thing is certain: how we respond to this weekend's visit will have a profound impact on the future direction of our church.  My first concern however, is to temper the condensed and necessarily direct flood of assessment and information, with my perspective as one of the Lord's under shepherds entrusted with the care, protection, leading, and feeding of the "flock" here in Boothbay.  I know you, the people of Boothbay Baptist Church. I know that you love God, love each other, and hurt for the unsaved in our sphere of influence. If there is a lack of focus and vision in terms of growing in our walk with the Lord and being effective in His mission, that has to be a reflection on leadership (meaning me!), so please don't be discouraged by anything we have heard.  I will be discussing and assessing what was shared with the elders and other leaders of the church as we determine where we go from here. Please continue to be in prayer as we seek to hear what God would teach us through this process. As your brother and co-worker in Christ let me share with you the words of Paul in Philippians 1:3-6...   "I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,  always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy,   for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now,  being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ..."

No comments:

Post a Comment