Thursday, February 16, 2012

This Sunday, "The Light of the World"

As we continue our study in the Gospel of John we come to yet another verse in which Jesus uses the phrase "I AM" to describe himself (see the background to this Exodus chapter 3). We've already seen the imagery of "Light" coming into the world in John 1:1-5f. and also John 3:19ff. You may want to read those ahead of coming to worship on Sunday to have a little more background and reflect on a couple of questions. What does John 8:12 tell me about Jesus and His mission? What does this verse say about me, and my part in His mission? God bless you this week, I hope to see you on the Lord's Day!
your brother in Christ,
Pastor Steve

1 comment:

  1. We'll be meeting my brother David, his wife and their daughter in Portland on Sunday. Look forward to reading the sermon on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete