Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Thanks Pastor Jim Beliasov!

I was sick last week, and started on an antibiotic only on Friday. I called Jim B. who is retired pastor and member of our church, but out preaching many weekends. My request was that if the church he was scheduled to preach at cancelled because of the coming blizzard, would he kindly stand ready to preach for me on Sunday if I was not able.  We spoke again on Saturday, and since I was still not feeling better I asked him to preach for me on Sunday, and he agreed.  God is in control, and the message that was planned for another church was clearly one that God wanted us to hear.  The audio can be accessed through the church's web site at www.boothbaybaptist.com.  It was amazing to me that we had about 70% of our normal winter attendance the day after a record breaking storm!  Mainers are a hearty lot and particularly adept at moving snow. They are not about to allow a couple of feet of the white stuff keep them home!
Keep looking up, God willing I'll be back in the pulpit on Sunday.
Pastor Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment